Kate's dad's mom's dad, Bill Wert, recently celebrated his 65th Wedding Anniversary:
Kate's dad's dad's dad, Bert Lammey, was Kate's best buddy at her shower:
Bert passed away June 4th of this year. The Lammeys are a close-knit bunch, but Papaw was always trying in his gentle way to pull us closer. He worked on computers when they were the size of houses and no-one had any idea what they were, taught me how to talk to them and thus gave me my career. More importantly, he used them to email us all weekly, and encouraged us to tell everyone what was going on in our lives. He did so in all caps, which may have seemed like shouting or telegram writing, but now when I read them I hear him -- when he used to sit me on his lap and speak quietly, but directly in my ear. We miss him, and I'm so glad he and Kate got to meet. LOVE YOU GR POP
No comments:
Post a Comment